The Engineering Technician is responsible for the design and drafting of new product, and the design support for all existing product.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
- Design, configure, and provide production support of linear motion components.
- Utilize SolidWorks to generate component and assembly drawings.
- Maintain documentation, permanent files, and drawings as needed.
- Timely completion of drafting assignments.
- Convert customer drawings, sketches, and descriptions into design drawings to be used by manufacturing to produce parts.
- Maintain documentation, permanent files and drawings.
- Assist engineers with product testing and other project needs
- Normal office and production related activities that may include clerical work and performing tests in the Engineering Development Lab.
Associates Degree or equivalent two-year college or technical school
- One to three years related experience
- Effective communication and analytical skills to solve problems effectively and efficiently. Ability to establish priorities, work independently, proceed with objectives and direct the work of others with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of modern business communication and the skills to use a personal computer and various software packages (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Blue print reading and interpretation
- Ability to produce accurate drawings using SolidWorks
- Capability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with average supervision.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks required
- Familiarity with geometric tolerances
For consideration submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.